FastStone Capture is a screen capture application that is intended for all Windows users. This screen cap tool features various screen capture modes, a handy panel for quick access and an annotating function for adding texts, lines, highlights etc. Furthermore, this app also supports numerous image file formats. It even provides an option to send the taken screenshot online via FTP server. However, this tool can only be used on a Windows based device. If you want a FastStone Capture for Mac OS X, you can use one of the tools introduced below.
Best Program like FastStone Capture for Mac OS X
Apowersoft Mac Screenshot
In the Image Capture app on your Mac, select the device in the Devices or Shared list. Use the tools in the Image Capture toolbar to change how the thumbnails are shown: Increase or decrease the size of the thumbnails: Drag the slider. View images as a grid of larger thumbnails: Click. View images as a list: Click. Image Capture For Mac Os X Download; Image capture free download. ShareX ShareX is a lightweight free and open source program that allows you to capture or record any area o. Capture: the designer of Window Image Capture conceived it in a way that it can record all images in the screen of a computer. It is then possible to capture still image. Download Image Capture Plus Package. Image Capture Plus is an application that transfers image data scanned by a Panasonic high-speed document scanner to a PC in the form of an image file and attached as standard. Please refer to Image Capture Plus page to get more detailed information.
If you are a Mac user and wants to take screenshot just like what FastStone does, then the best app for you to use is none other than Apowersoft Mac Screenshot. This is an easy-to-use screen capture tool that allows you to capture anything displayed on the screen. It also provides an annotating tool for adding lines, arrows and texts, etc. After taking a screenshot, you can choose to upload it to free cloud space provided by the developer. This is indeed a great FastStone Capture alternative that you can use on Mac.
Here are the detailed steps of using this tool.
- Download and install this application on your Mac.
- Launch it and make some settings before you capture screen. Click its icon on the status bar and choose “Options”. You can set hotkeys (“Command + R” by default), select the saving path and format (JPG, PNG, BMP, etc.) for the screenshot.
- After that, display what you want to capture on the screen, and press “Command + R”.
- A blue crosshair will then appear. Click, hold and drag your mouse to select an area, and release the mouse to confirm the screenshot.
- Two toolbars will pop up. You can annotate the screenshot as you like.
- Lastly, hit the disk-like button to save it to local disk. You can check it in the file you just set in “Options”. Alternatively, you can also copy it to the clipboard or upload it to the cloud. Once it’s uploaded to the cloud, you will get links to the image, which enable you to insert the screenshot in blogs and forums.
Other Alternatives to FastStone Capture
This screen cap tool is another good FastStone Capture for Mac OS X. It also allows you to capture anything on the screen like the above tool does. Plus, it comes with an independent image editor which provides various tools for you to edit and share screenshots directly. If you need to capture a short video, you can also use this application. It does have a variety of great functions, but costs you nearly $50 to enjoy all those features and another $25 for every update.
This alternative is known for being a browser extension, and now it’s also available for Mac OS X. Lighshot is a simple screen capture tool that can be handled easily. Just click “Take screenshot” and drag the cursor capture an area. After that, you can add basic annotations like texts, lines, and shapes. You can also upload or share the captured image instantly.
Another FastStone for Mac is Skitch which is developed by Evernote. This screen cap tool features the ability to capture anything displayed on the screen. After taking a screenshot, its embedded image editing tool will pop up, letting you make basic annotations like lines, shapes, texts, and many more. After editing, you can send the image to your Evernote account or share it to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Image Capture Download For Macbook Pro Windows 10
Those are the alternatives to FastStone Capture for Mac. If you are looking for a quick way to take a basic screenshot, then you can select any of the applications given above. However, if you wish to have a stable screen capture tool that you can use for long time, then it’s advisable to use Apowersoft Mac Screeshot for it’s simple to use and provides instant image annotation options and free cloud space for storing screenshots online.
There are a few different ways to get your photos and videos from the camera to your computer.
We do not recommend using a USB Hub or Media Reader.
#1 - Use Quik for desktopHEADS UP: This feature is currently supported only on the HERO7 Black or earlier cameras. Newer cameras may or may not work as expected when connected via USB cable.
Please refer to this link on How to Import Using Quik for Desktop
If your camera is not being recognized in Quik for desktop, please refer to this article
#2 - Use an SD Adapter
Download Image Capture For Macbook Pro
If you have an SD adapter for your MicroSD card, you can insert the Micro SD card into the adapter and insert the adapter into your computer.
- Open a new Finder window. Your SD card will be on the left sidebar under the 'devices' section.
- Double-click on your SD card, and you should see two folders: DCIM and MISC.
- Now double-click on the DCIM folder. In that, you'll see a folder named 100GOPRO. (Note - if you took more than 9999 pictures or videos, you'll see 101GOPRO, 102GOPRO, 103GOPRO, etc. folders).
- From there you can drag & drop the files from your SD card to your computer.
Method #3 - Automatically with Image Capture
3utools For Macbook Pro Download
Image Capture allows you to:
- Import files to a location of your choice
- Delete files
- View files before importing
Download Software For Macbook Pro
Select the file(s) you want to Import and select Import, or Import All if you want to import everything.
Method #4 - Manually with Image Capture
If you do not have Image Capture set up to automatically launch when you connect your camera, you can easily do it manually.
- Select the magnifying glass in the top-right of your desktop.
- In the Spotlight section type either: Image Capture or iPhoto
Facebook Download For Macbook Pro
Once the selected application opens, you can import your files just like in Method #2.
How to setup Image Capture to launch automatically
To set up Image Capture to launch automatically when you connect your camera you must first either launch Image Capture. From there it's just a matter of selecting the desired program.
Download Macbook Pro Os
In Image Capture there is a setting in the lower left called: 'Connecting this camera opens:'. It gives you the option to select No Application, iPhoto, or Image Capture. Select Image Capture.