Here is the long awaited (well, 12 days) third beta for Moneydance 2007! This release includes a (further) improved budget system and fixes to a bunch of small bugs.
- If you don't have Java installed on your system you can download a copy for free from java.com. OS/2 After the download is finished, unzip the downloaded file which will create a folder named 'moneydance'. To start Moneydance, run the moneydance.cmd program in the new Moneydance folder.
- Java SE Development Kit 8 Downloads. Thank you for downloading this release of the Java™ Platform, Standard Edition Development Kit (JDK™). The JDK is a development environment for building applications, applets, and components using the Java programming language.
After the download is finished, double-click the moneydancelinuxx86.sh (moneydancelinuxx86wj.sh with java) file or run './moneydancelinuxx86.sh' (again, './moneydancelinuxx86wj.sh' for the version with java) from the command line, in the same directory as the downloaded file. The installer without java will ensure that java is already. When I got fed up with Quicken for Mac, I looked at most of the available Mac products and quickly narrowed it down to MoneyDance and iBank. It would have been a close call otherwise, but the dealbreaker for me with iBank was how slow it was after I imported my large (10+ years) database. IBank's support team didn't find a solution, so I settled on MoneyDance and I haven't looked back.
Does Moneydance For Mac Download Java 64-bit
The budget graph now allows you to select the time period (this month, last month, this year, etc) for which your budget status should be graphed and does away with the pro-rated status indicators which seemed to confuse most reasonable people. The graph now remembers the selected budget and time period. The budget report has been given the ability to display budget performance for any given time period and also allows you to break down a budget report into monthly, weekly, quarterly, or yearly intervals and to see your budget status for those intervals side-by-side.
For those who are having printing problems on Linux, please try the installer that includes java below. This version includes Java 6 for Linux which should solve the CUPS printing problem that occurs when using Java 5 (aka Java 1.5)
Below are links to download the full installer for Moneydance 2007 beta3. To submit bugs or feedback, please use our new issue tracking system and make sure to tag any bug reports as applicable to “2007.beta” so that we can fix them before the general release (which will hopefully be in a few hours). Thanks!
- moneydance.zip (eCS or OS/2 application, including startup script)
- MoneydanceInstall.exe (windows installer; downloads java if necessary)
- MoneydanceInstallwj.exe (windows installer; includes java)
- moneydance_linux_x86.sh (linux installer; downloads java if necessary)
- moneydance_linux_x86wj.sh (linux installer; includes java)
- moneydance_solaris_sparc.sh (Solaris-sparc installer)