- I just noticed a bug in the Photos app. When I take a photo with my iPhone it gets uploaded properly and I also see it in the Photos app on my MacBook Pro but at the bottom it tells me '1 original photo downloading' (don’t know the exact translation). This message stays there for quite some time even when I have the MacBook Pro plugged in.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac and launch iTunes if it doesn’t run automatically. Choose your iPhone icon, and choose “Photos” from the left menu. Check “Sync Photos” and select Pictures or Choose a folder from the “Copy Photos From” checkbox. Click “Apply” to transfer photos from Mac to your iPhone iPad, or iPod touch.
Find the best free stock images about macbook pro. Download all photos and use them even for commercial projects. AirDisk Pro allows you to store, view and manage files on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can connect to AirDisk Pro from any Mac or PC over the Wi-Fi network and transfer files by drag & drop files straight from the Finder or Windows Explorer. Having your pictures backed up is a big deal. I knwo those precious memories aren't something we ever want to worry about losing. To back these up on the G5 you would just use the Android File Transfer tool.
Get 6 ways to transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to your Mac in this article!
iPhone Data to Computer
AnyTrans – Full-way iPhone Photos Transfer Tool
AnyTrans is a good choice for transferring pictures and videos from the iPhone to the computer (Mac &PC). Transfer photos with your free trial now!
As photo collections grow, you may find Photos & Camera takes up the most of your iPhone storage. For me, in iPhone storage, it shows that photos occupy 48 GB of my 128GB iPhone XR. At this moment, moving all pictures and videos to the computer for backup and then delete them is a good option to free up the iPhone storage space. How can I transfer photos from iPhone to MacBook pro? Here in the following guide, we will focus on how to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to Mac computer, like iMac, MacBook Pro/Air, Mac Mini, Mac Pro in some simple ways. Just keep reading!
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac with AnyTrans
How do I import photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto? You can have a try on the professional iPhone photos transfer tool – iMobie AnyTrans. And below are its outstanding features for uploading iPhone photos:
AnyTrans – iPhone Photo Transfer
- 1-click to transfer photos & videos iPhone to computer (Mac & PC).
- Keep photos in original quality and well-organized in albums.
- Fast transferring speed quite saves your time.
- Get photos from PC/Mac to your iPhone without erasing.
Free Download100% Clean & Safe
Free Download100% Clean & Safe
If you prefer this way, just Free Download AnyTrans on your computer firstly, and then follow the steps below to import iPhone photos to your Mac quickly.
Option 1: How to Import All Photos from iPhone to Mac at Once
If you want to copy all the photos on your iPhone, like Camera Roll photos, Photo Stream photos, iTunes synced photos, iCloud sharing photos, and album photos, or some other specific albums to Mac, here’s how to do it.
Step 1: Download AnyTrans on your Mac > Run it > Connect your iPhone to Mac via USB cable > Click on “Device Manager” mode, and then choose the “Content to Mac” option.
How to Import All Photos from iPhone to Mac with AnyTrans – Step 1
Step 2: Uncheck the “Select All” box > Check the photos albums contain the photos you need > Click on the “Next” button to start transferring the selected photos to your Mac.
How to Import All Photos from iPhone to Mac with AnyTrans – Step 2
Step 3: After the process completes, you can click the “View Files” button to check the transferred photos on your Mac.
How to Import All Photos from iPhone to Mac with AnyTrans – Step 3
How To Download My Iphone Photos To My Macbook Pro
Option 2: Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Selectively
If you just want to transfer some specific photos of some album to Mac instead of all the iPhone photos or the whole album, you can follow us to transfer multiple or selected photos from iPhone to Mac.
Step 1: Download AnyTrans on your Mac > Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cable > Click on “Device Manager” mode, and then choose the “Photos” option.
Free Download * 100% Clean & Safe
How to Transfer Selected or Multiple Photos from iPhone to Mac with AnyTrans – Step 1
Step 2: Choose the album contains the photos you need > Select photos you want to transfer > Click on the “To Mac“ button at the top-right corner to transfer the selected photos to your Mac.
How to Transfer Selected or Multiple Photos from iPhone to Mac with AnyTrans – Step 2
Bonus Part. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Wirelessly
If there is no USB cable available or your iPhone cannot be recognized by your computer, then you can try the AnyTrans app to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac wirelessly.
Now connect your iPhone with Wi-Fi and do the following steps:
Step 1. Install the AnyTrans app on your iPhone. You can download it by clicking the below button or directly search AnyTrans on App Store.
Step 2. On your computer, enter anytrans.io in your browser, and you’ll see a QR code.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Wirelessly – Step 2
Step 3. On your iPhone, open the AnyTrans app you just installed and tap on the Scan button to scan the QR code on your computer.
Step 4. Then all your iPhone photos will show up on the computer. Select the photos you want to transfer and click the “Download” button to start transferring photos from iPhone to Mac. After the process completes, you can check them by going to Finder on your Mac > Downloads.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Wirelessly – Step 4
- For iPhone 7 or later users who want to convert HEIC to JPG, please click the settings button to set it or using a hassle-free HEIC to JPG converter to change these photos to JPG format on your computer.
- When syncing photos from iPhone to Mac with AnyTrans, you won’t lose any previous photo on your iPhone.
Import Photos from iPhone to Mac with Photos/iPhoto
On Mac OS X Yosemite or later, you can use the Photos app to import iPhone photos, which replaces the old iPhoto and Aperture with a simpler photo editor and library manager. It also can be used to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac, and here we’ll show you how to make it:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with the USB cable.
- The Photos app on your Mac will automatically launch. If not, go to the launchpad and select the Photos app.
- Click the Import tab and select the photos you want to transfer to Mac.
- You can click Import XX Selected or Import All New Items to transfer photos to Mac.
For Mac OS X Yosemite earlier, you can use the iPhoto feature on Mac to move Camera Roll photos from iPhone to Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac with a USB cable and then launch iPhoto on your Mac if it doesn’t open automatically.
- Select your iPhone photos and click Import to import photos.
- You can import all the iPhone photos or import some of them by picking up some photos and clicking Import Selected. You can add an Event Name for the imported photos before or after importing.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto
Note: If you want to delete iPhone photos after import to your Mac, you can check the “Delete items after import”, which will automatically remove your iPhone photos after importing to your Mac.
Bonus Tip: Move Photos from Mac to an External Hard Drive
After import iPhone photos, you can also move your photos from your Mac to an external hard drive to make a copy, or free up Mac’s space. Here is how:
- Connect your external hard drive to your Mac.
- In the Finder, find your external drive.
- Open another Finder window, find and open Pictures.
- Drag your library to the external drive.
To get more info please read on How to Transfer iPhone Photos to Flash Drive with or without Computer >
How to AirDrop Photos from iPhone to Mac
How do I AirDrop from iPhone to Mac? On your iPhone, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the Control Center, and then tap the “AirDrop” button. You can also turn on AirDrop from the Settings app > General > AirDrop. Select either “Contacts Only” or “Everyone,” depending on who you want to be able to send the photos to.
Here is how to transfer iPhone photos to Mac with AirDrop:
- On your iPhone, open the Photos app and find the photos you want to transfer to your Mac.
- Ensure you’re viewing the photos in thumbnail view and tap Select in the top right corner.
- Choose the photos you want to send to your Mac (selected photos appear with a blue checkmark).
- Then tap the Share icon (a square with an up arrow).
- In the AirDrop section, tap the name of your Mac.
- Accept the photos on your Mac and they will be saved into the Downloads folder on your Mac.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop
How to Sync Photos from iPhone to Mac with iCloud
iCloud Photos is Apple’s online photo storage service. When you activate iCloud Photos, all your iPhone photos get stored in iCloud so you can view and download them from your Mac. Note that you must be signed in with the same Apple ID on your iPhone and Mac. Here is how to sync iPhone photos to Mac with iCloud:
- On your Mac, click the Apple icon at the top left of the screen, then go to System Preferences > Choose iCloud.
- Check the box next to the iCloud Photo Library (iCloud Photos in macOS Mojave).
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Photos > Ensure iCloud Photos is on.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac with Image Capture
Follow the steps on how to using Image Capture on Mac to import photos from iPhone:
- Connect your iPhone to Mac with USB cable > Run Image Capture on your Mac.
- Select your iPhone from the device list if it is not selected > Set the output folder for your iPhone photos.
- Click Import or Import all to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
Sync Photos from iPhone to Mac with Image Capture
How to Send Photos from iPhone to Mac with Email
If you just want to transfer several photos from iPhone to Mac and your Mac is not in your hand, Email becomes a wonderful choice. Here is how to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac with Email:
- Run Photos App on your iPhone > Tap on Albums to open Albums Page > Choose the target album.
- Tap on the Edit button > Pick up the photos you want to transfer > Tap on the Share button and choose Email.
- Type your Email address and complete the Email > Tap on Send > Sign in your Email on Mac and download those pictures and store them on Mac.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows PC
There are also many ways to transfer iPhone photos to PC, and using the Windows default Photos app is one of the good ways. Here are steps on how to transfer iPhone photos to a computer via Photos (windows 10/8):
- Connect your iPhone with your computer with the USB cable.
- The Photos app should automatically launch. If it doesn’t, launch it from the Windows Start menu.
- Click the Import icon in the upper right corner of the Photos app.
- Click on From a USB device and it will start searching for photos on your iPhone.
- After that, choose photos to import to your computer.
Transfer iPhone Photos with Windows Photos
To get more ways and details on how to transfer iPhone photos to Windows PC, you can move to this guide: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer (Windows).
In addition, if you want to transfer photos from Mac back to your iPhone, just refer to How to Transfer Photo from Mac to iPhone >
Since iOS 11, iPhone has taken HEIC as the default format of its photos, as this new format is more efficient in terms of storage space. However, HEIC is not widely compatible, especially on Windows PC. If you have trouble opening HEIC photos on your computer and want to convert HEIC photos into other formats such as JPG, PNG, JPEG, etc, you can try a free tool – iMobie HEIC Converter.
Why Won’t My Photos Import from iPhone to Mac? FAQs
Where are photos stored on my Mac?
When you copy photos to your Mac with the Photos app, they are stored in the Photos library folder. Also, you can change the location to somewhere else like in a folder on your Mac or on an external drive, and still view them in Photos.
Here is where to find photos stored in the Photos app: On your Mac, Go to Finder > Choose Pictures > Right Click Photo Library > Choose Show Package Contents > In a folder named Masters, you will find photos in different folders.
What if my computer doesn’t recognize the iPhone?
Some of our users report that the iPhone cannot connect to the computer, here are some fixes for How to Fix Computer Not Recognizing iPhone Issues >
Can I Download My Iphone Photos From My Macbook Pro 2020
What to do if photos not showing up on Mac?
Any pictures in iCloud will not show when you import photos with Photos or Image Capture. You can download all from iCloud then try again.
Camera Roll only has the photos you took with the cameras on that iPhone or images captured from the screen.
If your images still don’t show on the Photos/Image Capture app on your Mac, you can try tips in this article: How to Fix Photos Not Showing up on Computer Issue >
iPhone keeps connecting and disconnecting from Mac
- Check USB cable > Try using a different cable > Try unplugging and then replugging.
- Check the charging port on the bottom of your iPhone and remove any debris.
- Avoid a defective, damaged, or non-Apple-certified cable, you may see the “Accessory Not Supported” error.
- Restart your iPhone and restart your Mac.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of iOS 14.
- Disconnect your iPhone from your Mac and on your iPhone tap: Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Location & Privacy.
The MacBook Air/Pro doesn’t have USB-A ports?
Some MacBook Air/Pro doesn’t have USB-A Ports. As Apple said: “You can connect a USB-C power adapter and cable to charge your notebook computer. If you have a device that doesn’t connect to this port, you might be able to use an adapter to connect it.”
MacBook with USB-C Ports
These Mac models don’t have USB-A ports and have USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) ports:
- MacBook Pro introduced in 2016 or later
- MacBook Air introduced in 2018 or later
- iMac introduced in 2017 or later
- iMac Pro (all models)
- Mac mini introduced in 2018
- Mac Pro introduced in 2019
The Bottom Line
Although you can get 7 or even more ways to transfer photos from iPhone to your iMac, MacBook Pro/Air, Mac Mini, or Mac Pro, most of them only support exporting Camera Roll photos. If you want to transfer photos stored in other albums, you have to search for other solutions. Just like the table above shows, when it comes to transferring and managing iPhone photos, AnyTrans can be the best choice.
Except for transferring photos, it also can transfer other iOS contents, like Messages, Contacts, Videos, Movies, Notes, etc., and also supports transfer data from one iPhone to another Apple device directly. Why not download AnyTransand try now?
Free Download * 100% Clean & Safe
More iPhone Related Articles You May Like:
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
Just got a span-new MacBook and want to transfer some songs from iPhone to Mac? Read on this easy-to-understand post to transfer music from iPhone to Mac (iMac, MacBook Pro /Air) in minutes.
iPhone Music Tips
Export Music from iPhone
Import Music to iPhone
Fix iPhone Music Problems
More iPhone Music Tips
Just bought a MacBook Pro as a birthday gift for my husband and he is thrilled with it. He hasn’t used a macOS before and is extremely happy with his new Mac. Only one question: How can we transfer the music from our iPhone to the new MacBook Pro?
iTunes is almost helpless on this for the single-way transferring feature for it only allows you to transfer purchased items from iPhone to iTunes Library. Especially starting with macOS Catalina, iTunes can’t do more for you.
Then, you may need the help of an iTunes alternative that lets you transfer songs from iPhone to any Mac and vice versa. Let’s read through this article and get several quick methods to transfer music from iPhone to Mac (iMac, MacBook Pro /Air) within steps. The latest macOS Big Sur 11.0 & Catalina 10.15 are supported.
Also Read: How to Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone >
How to Transfer All Music from iPhone to Mac
If you want to sync all music and songs, including albums, playlists, and music videos, then AnyTrans is the best choice for you. As a full-way iOS content management tool, AnyTrans allows you to transfer media data and personal info to a computer(Mac/Windows PC) and another iOS device. You can check the features of transferring music to computer:
- You can export both purchased and non-purchased songs from iPhone to Mac, and vice versa.
- Manage your music easily: delete music in batches and sync music between two iOS devices.
- Manage your iTunes library directly. Also supports to move iTunes media files to computer, device and vice versa.
- Make custom ringtones with any music.
Now just download AnyTrans to your computer and then follow the steps below to transfer music from iPhone to Mac with ease.
Free Download * 100% Clean & Safe
Step 1. Run AnyTrans on your Mac > Connect your iPhone to computer > Choose Device Manager > Click Music from category box.
Click Music Tab to Manage
Step 2. Click Song or Music Videos > Select the songs you want to transfer to Mac from iPhone > Click To Mac button to transfer music from iPhone to Mac.
Step 3. Transfer Completed, and you can view the music on your Mac.
Also, you can sync ringtones between iPhone and computer with AnyTrans.
Bonus Tip: Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac Wirelessly
If you don’t have an USB cable aside, you could try AnyTrans app to transfer music from iPhone to Mac wirelessly. Here are the specific steps.
Please make sure that your iPhone and Mac are connected the same WiFi.
Step 1. Download AnyTrans app on your iPhone.
Step 2. Visit anytrans.io on your computer browser, you could see a QR code on the screen.
Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac Wirelessly – Step 2
Step 3. Open AnyTrans on your iPhone, on the upper right corner, there are two icons. Tap the scan icon to scan the QR code on your computer to connect with it.
Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac Wirelessly – Step 3
Step 4. Choose the music you want to transfer, tap “Send” on your iPhone.
Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac Wirelessly – Step 4
Sync Music from iPhone to Mac with iTunes (macOS Mojave and earlier)
For most users, iTunes is the first option to go when they need to transfer music and other media files. But you need to know that iTunes only supports transferring purchased items from iPhone to iTunes Library. And starting macOS Catalina, iTunes is not used as before. Here is how can you transfer music from iPhone to Mac with iTunes for macOS Mojave and earlier:
Step 1: Run iTunes on your Mac and connect your iPhone to Mac via a USB cable.
Step 2: Click on File > Choose Devices > And click Transfer Purchased from “My iPhone”. (My iPhone is the name of your device)
How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac via iTunes
Remember to check if your iTunes is the latest version, if not, you need to update iTunes on your Mac.
Can I Download My Iphone Photos From My Macbook Pro Case
When the transferring process is finished, you could check the music in iTunes on your Mac.
Copy your Songs from iPhone to Mac for macOS Catalina and later
If you updated macOS to macOS Catalina and later, which is Big Sur 11.0, you can use Apple Music or Finder to sync your data:
1. Use Apple Music
Step 1: Subscribe to Apple Music on Mac
Open the Apple Music app on Mac > Click Listen Now or For You > Click the trial offer and make sure your subscription option > Sign in with the Apple ID and password to make purchases > Then confirm your billing information and add a valid payment method > Finally tap Join to finish.
Step 2: Turn on Sync Library on iPhone
Just open Settings > Click Music > Find Sync Library and toggle it on.
2. Use Finder to Sync iPhone Music to Mac
Except for music and song, the Finder can sync movies, TV shows, podcasts, books, and audiobooks, photos, videos, contacts, and calendars just as the previous iTunes did. To transfer my songs to Mac via Finder:
Connect your device to your Mac > Open Finder and click [your device name] > Select Music from the top bar > Click Sync music onto [your device name] and choose to sync entire music library or selected ones, and choose Include videos, Include voice memos or/and Automatically fill free space with songs > Click Apply to confirm.
Sync iPhone to Finder
The Bottom Line
When you bought a new Mac, and you want to export some favorite music from iPhone to Mac. The above methods can help you to do that with ease. What’s more, AnyTrans could be the best choice for you to transfer & manage your iPhone data on Mac or another computer. You can transfer music and more among iDevices, iTunes and Mac/PC computer. Try the free trial of AnyTrans first.
AnyTrans – iOS Music Transfer & Management
Can I Download My Iphone Photos From My Macbook Pro Model
Free download AnyTrans to transfer iPhone/iPad/iPod music to computer, and vice versa. What’s more, let AnyTrans enrich your Apple life, managing all photos, messages, contacts, etc. as you like.
Can I Download My Iphone Photos From My Macbook Pro Max
More Related Articles
- iPhone 2019: Top 10 Features in Apple’s New iPhone 11 >
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >